PPS for Pharmacy Job Seekers, Fellowship and Residency Candidates
The most successful candidates are the ones who plan ahead. After your registration is processed you’ll want to make sure you follow these steps related to PPS procedures. If you’d like help with CV writing, letter writing, interview skills or other job search tips, please see the Career Tools section on this site.
- Post your CV to the CareerPharm + PPS job board. You must have your CV posted to CareerPharm + PPS and have a mailbox number. It is very important that you post before the meeting. The majority of PPS employers prefer a CV over a resume.
- Search for opportunities and save the jobs you are interested in to the Saved Jobs tab. Keep in mind that employers continue to post jobs through the end of the meeting. It’s important to conduct searches regularly or set a search alert.
- Communicate with employers using the online PPS Messaging system to express interest in an interview. Follow up with all messages even if you are not interested in a position.
- Schedule appointments. Follow the instructions provided by the employer to schedule appointments.
- When scheduling interviews be mindful to space them out so you have enough time to conduct a great interview and arrive on time for subsequent interviews. Try to find out how long an interviewer will want to meet with you and give yourself at least 15 minutes between the end of the first and beginning of the second interviews when scheduling.
- Create a schedule of interviews or use the PPS online scheduling tool to keep track of appointments. Track the employer name, booth assignment and contact name so you don't have to worry about looking these things up on-site.